Friday, April 22, 2011

Raymond Barlow Bio



Thanks for visiting my website! My photography starts and
finishes with my family. Daisy and Maria enjoy being
out in the field, the three of us are always together
while shooting, and editing!

(please click on these images for a larger size!)



Born in Hamilton Ontario, I was one of eight children raised in Stoney Creek.  Our family heritage goes back to the 1,700's on both sides, so I guess I am very much a Canadian.  Our parents took us camping several times a year, where my passion for adventure began.

Intrigued by nature from a very young age, I wanted to some day be able to capture the beauty, and share the images with everyone.  Some day I will dig up some of those early slides from my first cameras, and convert them to digital.

My serious photography dream became a reality when
the digital age became affordable.  Back when my first camera was a
Canon Ftb, about a roll of film a week was all I could afford.
I had a sense of connection with photography, but didn't really catch
hold of it until the D70 and a 70-300 mm was in hand.

My first passion was photographing my golf friends, as golf was my life back in 2005!  Then, birds became a realistic possibility.  The challenge was immense! Learning how to photograph birds was just the project I needed as my back could no longer deal with the golf swing any longer.

Growing up in Stoney Creek, Ontario and now living in nearby
Grimsby, with very little knowledge of birds, I thought the
chances for good photography were very minimal.  Many hours
in the field, with help from a few area photographers, and
I was on my way.

Learning bird photography is a long process.  Understanding the technical side came easy to me, with many years of SLR cameras, but birds?  Well, this is a different story.

After about 3 years of daily study and practice, I started hosting workshops.  Local programs here in southern Ontario helped keep me busy., from there I started a full time business in January 2008.  Retired from my HVAC contracting business, then moving on to travel tours, Newfoundland, Yellowstone, Costa Rica, and Africa became my favorite destinations. 

The learning continues, the best thing about this business is the
ability to help others.  Developing the business is now my
biggest challenge, and with help from so many people
 I am doing very well.

Thanks to everyone for the continued support.  The ride
has been superb, and the sweet light gets better all the time.

Please respect nature, and take care.















Also, my Facebook group page is here.
My workshops page, click here!
My main home page for your bookmarks... click here!
My Flickr Account, please click here!
Pbase Galleries
Blog for Raymond Barlow

If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate
to email me using the link below., or call me on my cell line ....
905 520 8853
take care always.


 Please click these licks below for 
needed information...

 






ray@raymondbarlow.com 


My cell number - 905 520 8853




...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment.. email me to get on my workshops email list! ray@raymondbarlow.com